On 12/02/2014 17:26, Tom Lane wrote:
Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
On 2014-02-12 10:58:20 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
Anybody know *exactly* what --enable-auto-import does?  The name
is, um, suggestive.

My ld(1)'s manpage has three screen's worth of details... Most of it
seems to be on http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ld&sektion=1

It's essentially elf like shared library linking in pe-coff through
dirty tricks.

Hm.  So if we're giving up on the idea of ever getting rid of PGDLLIMPORT,
we ought to actually remove that, so that the Cygwin build works more like
the other Windows builds?

                        regards, tom lane

If I am not wrong "--enable-auto-import" is already the
default on cygwin build chain ( binutils >= 2.19.51 ) so it should make no difference on latest cygwin. Not sure for you 1.7.7 build enviroment.

About PGDLLIMPORT , my build log is full of "warning: ‘optarg’ redeclared without dllimport attribute: previous dllimport ignored "

I suspect that removing will also make no difference.

Marco

PS: we aim unix-like builds not windows one....