On 9.5.2014 00:47, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On 8.5.2014 23:48, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>>> I wasn't objecting, merely an observation. Note that Tomas
>>> mentioned he's okay with running 4 builds at once. My main point
>>> here, really, is that having a larger number of animals shouldn't
>>> be an impediment for a more complex permutation of configurations,
>>> if he's okay with doing that. I assume you wouldn't object to my
>>> approving four extra animals running on the same machine, if Tomas
>>> wants to go for that.
>
> So, if I get this right, the proposal is to have 7 animals:
>

> 1) all branches/locales, frequent builds (every few hours)
>   magpie  - gcc
>   fulmar  - icc
>   treepie - clang
>
> 2) single branch/locale, CLOBBER, built once a week
>   magpie2 - gcc
>   fulmar2 - icc
>   treepie - clang
>
> 3) single branch/locale, recursive CLOBBER, built once a month

I've just noticed that the CLOBBER tests completed fine on the first
branch, but failed after the second one with this error:

Query for: stage=OK&animal=magpie&ts=1399599933
Target:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/pgstatus.pl/3c4d6bf5c9ac87be37fcbd0d046f02ae5b39d09e
Status Line: 493 snapshot too old: Wed May  7 04:36:57 2014 GMT
Content:
snapshot to old: Wed May  7 04:36:57 2014 GMT

Now, I assume this happens because the tests duration exceeds 24h (or
whatever limit is there), and it probably won't be a problem after
switching to the single branch/locale combination.

But won't that be a problem on the animal running tests with
CLOBBER_CACHE_RECURSIVELY? That's supposed to run much longer, and I
wouldn't be surprised if it exceeds 24h on a single branch/locale.

regards
Tomas