On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:01 PM, MauMau <maumau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: "Amit Kapila" <amit.kapil...@gmail.com>
>
> So as a conclusion, the left over items to be handled for patch are:
>>
>> 1. Remove the new usage related to use of same event source name
>> for registration from pgevent.
>> 2. Document the information to prevent loss of messages in some
>> scenarios as explained above.
>

> I noticed the continued discussion after I had prepared and submitted the
> revised patch.  OK, how about the patch in the previous mail, Magnus-san?

I mean that the -e option is valid for *all* commands, not just
register/unregister. If you include it in register, pg_ctl will write
it to the commandline used for start -- so clearly it is valid for the
start command as well. And it is certainly possible for a completely
different service to run pg_ctl start, in which case it will also be
used.

I have updated the patch with this change, so please verify that it
still works. I also rewrote the documentation slightly.

With that, applied. Thanks!

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/