On 09/02/2014 04:01 PM, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:

     It's not copying. It's easying a path for others to migrate and
come to Postgres.

     I'm interested why you are more interested in MSSQL. My reasons for
being interested in Oracle are:

- It has more users (biggest and above all, the main reason: we could
attract more)
- Postgres is perceived as "similar" to Oracle (so migration is likely
to be easier)

     That's all I want. Grow postgres userbase, attracting Oracle users :)

I find that we have more opportunity to replace MSSQL than Oracle. Obviously it depends on a lot of things but my goal is as yours, just with a different database.

JD

     Álvaro

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should
             not be surprised when they come back as Romans."