On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Fabien COELHO <coe...@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
but I'd like to have a more robust discussion about what we want the error
reporting to look like rather than just sliding it into this patch.

As an input, I suggest that the error reporting feature should provide a
clue about where the issue is, including a line number and possibly the
offending line. Not sure what else is needed.

I agree.  But I think it might be better to try to put everything
related to a single error on one line, in a consistent format, e.g.:

bad.sql:3: syntax error in set command at column 25

Hmmm... sure that's better. I'll look into that.

--
Fabien.