>> I'm not against you break the backward compatibility of pgbench custom
>> scripts.
>>
>> However I just want to let you know that PostgreSQL Enterprise
>> Consortium has been published couple of scripts along with reports on
>> evaluating PostgreSQL, which have been downloaded considerable
>> numbers.
>
> pgbench is a tool for dedicated to developers. Hence people who should
> be able to fix scripts properly as long as we inform them by
> documenting it in the release notes so I am not sure that this is
> actually a problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by "developers" here but if that means
people who are developing PostgreSQL itself, I am strongly against
"pgbench is a tool for dedicated to developers" concept. Pgbench has
been heavily used by users who want to measure PostgreSQL's
performance.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii