On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> On 06/21/2015 01:37 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> >
> >> The worst case with pgbench is that we break two people's test scripts,
> >> they read the release notes, and fix them.
> >
> > Sure, I agree that breaking pgbench custom scripts compatibility is no
> > big deal, and having pgbench consistent with psql is useful.
>
> ... apparently nobody disagrees ...

I'm fine re-punctuating my current scripts.  And since pgbench doesn't have
to be version-matched to the server it connects to, people can just keep
using the older version if they want to against a new server.

Are there other breaking changes we have been wanting to make?  If so,
should we try to get them all in during the same release?

Cheers,

Jeff