> On Sep 13, 2015, at 11:32 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Ildus Kurbangaliev
> <i.kurbangal...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> Added changes related to the latest master (for individual LWLocks
>> definitions)
>
> If I haven't said this clearly enough already, I'm not OK with
> changing the tranche name from char * to a fixed-size character array.
> Nor am I OK with limiting the maximum number of tranches to 64.  I
> worked hard to set this system up so that it did not have limits on
> the number of tranches or the lengths of their names, and I don't see
> any good reason to add those limitations now.

Yes, that is because I tried to go with current convention working with
shmem in Postgres (there are one function that returns the size and
others that initialize that memory). But I like your suggestion about
API functions, in that case number of tranches and locks will be known
during the initialization.

----
Ildus Kurbangaliev
Postgres Professional: http://www.postgrespro.com <http://www.postgrespro.com/>