On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Kam Lasater <c...@seekayel.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Last night I heard that Postgres had no issue/bug tracker. At first I
> thought the guy was trolling me. Seriously, how could this be. Certainly a
> mature open source project that is the database for a measurable percentage
> of the internet would have an issue tracker.
>
> Sadly, I was not being trolled. I'm new around here so I will keep the
> preaching to a minimum and cut right to the chase...
>
> ___It is time for an issue tracker___

This thread is depressing me.  We use all these fancy tools at $work
and I'm not sure they are much of an improvement over informal
processes run by capable people.   I regularly advocate, pretty much
to the wind, to use JIRA less and email *more*.   The main benefit of
the system, various reports to corporate taskmasters, seems pretty
much irrelevant here.  If you're advocating introduction of new
tooling with all the associated processes and complexities, can you
point to specific breakdowns in the project and exactly how said
tooling would have helped the situation?

merlin