Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 10/26/2016 12:24 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I concur.  JSON isn't a core datatype and I don't want to see it treated
>> as one.  We should redesign this view so that it doesn't rely on anything
>> more advanced than arrays.

> Huh?  Sure it is.   Ships in PostgreSQL-core.

To my way of thinking it's a nonstandard extension.  The fact that we
chose to package it in core and not as an extension doesn't alter the
fact that it's peripheral to the system and nothing else depends on it.
I'd like to keep things that way.  I wouldn't want any core-system
functionality to start depending on the geometric types, either.