On 11/20/2016 06:55 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

We can replace the website part with a http://postgr.es/m/<messageid> which will make it a bit shorter and still as easy to generate from the client side and to search off. It'd be trivial to do, and since there is no state held at the forwarder for it, it wouldn't introduce a risk of "losing the forwards at some point in the future". But the bulk of the URL, being the messageid, would remain.

That's 19 extra characters, less 2 if you remove the <> delimiters. I think the extra usability makes the slight increase in ugliness worth it. Can we just agree or disagree on this?

cheers

andrew