On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 5:07 AM, Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> I took a look at this again, and it doesn't appear to be working for me. The
> library is being loaded during startup, but I don't see any further activity
> in the log, and I don't see an autoprewarm file in $PGDATA.

Hi Jim,
Thanks for looking into this patch, I just downloaded the patch and
applied same to the latest code, I can see file " autoprewarm.save" in
$PGDATA which is created and dumped at shutdown time and an activity
is logged as below
2017-01-24 13:22:25.012 IST [91755] LOG:  Buffer Dump: saved metadata
of 59 blocks.

In my code by default, we only dump at shutdown time. If we want to
dump at regular interval then we need to set the GUC
pg_autoprewarm.buff_dump_interval to > 0. I think I am missing
something while trying to recreate the bug reported above. Can you
please let me know what exactly you mean by the library is not
working.

> There needs to be some kind of documentation change as part of this patch.
Thanks, I will add a sgml for same.

For remaining suggestions, I will try to address in my next patch
based on its feasibility.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun C Y