On 2017-01-24 16:47:29 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I'm happy to go change every last bit of it.

I quite regret not aggressively opining against the renaming of pg_xlog
to pg_wal. I think the few users deleting their data don't weigh against
renaming a bunch of tools and function for some sense of
consistency. This will cause pain for a couple years - maybe it'll be
worth it 6-7 releases down the line, but I doubt before that.  But then
the original discussion was about renaming pg_xlog, not about a general
s/xlog/$something/.

- Andres