On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 08:55:33PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there's a reasonable way that allows to add links to the
> more crucial commits for changelog entries. The source e.g. has
>
> <listitem>
> <!--
> Author: Robert Haas <rh...@postgresql.org>
> 2017-03-08 [98e6e8904] tidbitmap: Support shared iteration.
> Author: Robert Haas <rh...@postgresql.org>
> 2017-03-08 [f35742ccb] Support parallel bitmap heap scans.
> -->
> <para>
> Support parallel bitmap heap scans (Dilip Kumar)
> </para>
>
> <para>
> This allows a single index scan to dispatch parallel workers to process
> different areas of the heap.
> </para>
> </listitem>
>
> for an item, and it'd be pretty cool if we could have a link to those
> two commits from the entry.  It'd need be pretty unobstrusive to avoid
> making things hard to read, but it'd obviate some of the need to list
> details, and it gives curious people changes to see what actually
> changed.

If the SGML comments were passed into the HTML, I could have used
JavaScript to pull out the git hashes and point them to our gitweb
mirror.  Unfortunately, they are not, so we would have to find a way to
pass those comments into the HTML.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us