On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 02:31:50PM -0300, Claudio Freire wrote:
> >>     Author: Álvaro Herrera, loosely based on a submission by Claudio Freire
> >> https://postgr.es/m/cagtbqpa6nfgo_6g_y_7zqx8l9gchdsqkydo1tguh791z6py...@mail.gmail.com
> >
> > I don't think this warrants inclusion in the release notes for reasons
> > already discussed.  The vacuum truncation operation is a rare one and
> > an implementation detail.
>
> \_(0_0)_/
>
> As you wish.
>
> Though if I wasn't already aware of it, I would like to know, because
> it's been a source of trouble in the past.

Understood, but the question is whether the release notes are the right
place to educate users of something that will no longer be a problem.  I
am happy to adjust things to whatever the community wants, but, on the
other hand I have a responsibility to be consistent what what they have
wanted in the past.  I am also open to reviewing how we filter things
compared other projects.

On a larger note, not being in the release notes doesn't mean it isn't
important, but rather, that is isn't a change users need to know about.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us