>> P.S. Does this use case (do not retry transaction with serialization or
>> deadlock failure) is most interesting or failed transactions should be
>> retried (and how much times if there seems to be no hope of success...)?
>
> I can't quite parse that sentence, could you restate?

The way I read it was that the most interesting solution would retry
a transaction from the beginning on a serialization failure or
deadlock failure.

As far as I understand her proposal, it is exactly the opposite -- if a
transaction fails, it is discarded.  And this P.S. note is asking
whether this is a good idea, or would we prefer that failing
transactions are retried.

Yes, I have meant this, thank you!

I think it's pretty obvious that transactions that failed with
some serializability problem should be retried.

Thank you voted :)

--
Marina Polyakova
The Russian Postgres Company