Noah Misch <n...@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 07:25:37PM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I don't think I can usefully contribute to this.  Could someone else
>> take it?

> If nobody volunteers, you could always resolve this by reverting 1e8a850 and
> successors.

I think you're blaming the victim.  Our current theory about the cause
of this is that on Windows, WaitLatchOrSocket cannot be used to wait for
completion of a nonblocking connect() call.  That seems pretty broken
independently of whether libpqwalreceiver needs the capability.

In any case, we have a draft patch, so what we should be pressing for
is for somebody to test it.  Peter's not in a position to do that
(and neither am I), but anyone who can build from source on Windows
could do so.