On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Jeff Davis wrote:

> Does the SQL standard provide no way to have a NULL character in a
> string constant? Is single-quote the only special character?

I don't think it forbids you from using the null character. It's not like
the strings are zero terminated. Some encodings might not allow the null
character, but that's different.

ps. null character does not have anything to do with the sql NULL. I'm
sure there is someone somewhere that need this info.

--
/Dennis Björklund

       match