On 7/12/06, Thomas Hallgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
it didn't seem anywhere close production readiness.

Perhaps it's no surprise that I disagree when you say PL/J could be
considered in the same light as PL/Java.

Having used both systems, I have to agree with Thomas; PL/Java is far
ahead of PL/J in terms of production readiness.  Rather than argue the
differences between the architectures... I think it should be looked
at on a pro/con basis.

Many people have asked for procedural Java and generally pass over
PostgreSQL because they don't know about PL/Java or PL/J.  In my
opinion, having a Java PL included in the core would be ideal.

PL/Java seems to be the only Java PL under consistent development and
maintenance, so I don't see it as something that would fall on the
shoulders of all other maintainers.

Just my 2 cents :)

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend