On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Kris Jurka wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

Wouldn't that be the job of the platform providers?  Certainly I would
expect NetBSD to make it available as a package, both source and
binary, on every platform they support as they do for the thousands of
other packages they deal with.

Well NetBSD doesn't offer pl/java now so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Sure it would be nice if every OS provided every version of every package, but when they don't what are you going to do about it? Provide a complete package or require manual assembly?

Well, in the case of FreeBSD, I can easily volunteer that if someone wanted to make a port of pl/java to include, I can commit it for them ... I don't know how NetBSDs system works, but I suspect it is similar ... the only reason 'NetBSD doesn't offer pl/java now' is because nobody a) is using it under NetBSD or b) submitted a port to their system

Hey JD, I notice that we don't have a port for plphp either ... if one of your guys wants to create one, I can get it committed ...

----