Marc G. Fournier wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Most people who run FreeBSD have no need for Mammoth, until possibly they want to upgrade via ports to a new version of PostgreSQL but they don't want to upgrade FreeBSD.

'k, up to now, you had me ... but what does upgrading to a new version of PostgreSQL have to do with upgrading FreeBSD? They are totally different sub-systems ...

I am not exactly sure how it works in FreeBSD but I can speak from Fedora and Ubuntu.

For example there is NOT an PostgreSQL 8.1 for Ubuntu Breezy. We want to continue to provide for older distributions (without breaking package compatibility).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

----

             http://www.commandprompt.com/