Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Here are the open items for 8.2:
> >     http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgopenitems
>
> Had a bitmap-index patch arrived in my inbox this morning, as had been
> promised to me for three weekends running, I might have been willing to
> drop all else and review it.  But, no patch.  This item is dead for 8.2.
> Do not even think of suggesting otherwise.

Well, we have to use some objective criteria, rather than one person's
decision.  I would say we are one month past feature freeze, and have
not received a patch to review, and you have asked repeatedly.  That is
enough of a basis to reject this feature for 8.2.  Removed from open
items list.

> Updatable views are likewise dead --- we don't have a credible patch or
> any short-term path to get one.  I hope to see both of these items land
> early in the 8.3 devel cycle, but for 8.2, nyet.

OK, same criteria.  Removed.

> The list is missing the issue of removing the long-since-agreed-on-to-remove
> contrib modules.

Added.

> A couple of recently discussed FE/BE protocol issues are: not storing a
> plan at all for unnamed-statement cases, and thus allowing bind
> parameters to be treated as constants; allowing parameter types to go
> unresolved rather than throwing an error.  Perhaps it's too late to
> consider these for 8.2, but they seem no more invasive than some other
> items on the open-issues list.

Well, I think the difference is that they are new items, rather than
something pre-August 1 (or bugs), but I figure we could throw them in if
it wasn't risky.  Added to list.

> Other docs issues:
>
> VALUES-list syntax --- not real clear where to put it
>
> timezone changes: appendix B is out of date, and do we need a list at
> all rather than telling people to look at the config file + system view?

Both added.

--
  Bruce Momjian   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend