Bruce Momjian wrote:
I created a major features list for 8.2 and put it into CVS.  Instead of
going into detail (meaning the item would not appear in the "Changes"
section below, I just highlighted some of the big stuff, and was
purposely vague about the details, so people just have an overview of
what is below.

Let me know how it looks.

Some of these just look rather vague. For example:

   *

     More control over creating/dropping objects and inheritance

If I did not know what the features were, that item would convey nothing to me. The fact that you can add/drop the inheritance characteristics of a table after its creation isn't something I would just lump under "more control" - it's a major new feature that will possibly revolutionize the way people use inheritance, especially for partitioning.

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq