Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Matt Miller wrote:
>> However, the patch will not apply to cvs branch REL8_2_0.  This all
>> raises the question: what's the difference between REL8_2_STABLE,
>> REL8_2_0, and the 8.2.0 tarball?

> STABLE doesn't mean static. It's the branch for what will be the 8.1.x
> series. But REL8_2_0 should correspond pretty closely to the tarball, I
> believe.

REL8_2_0 is a tag, not a branch, and should correspond *exactly* to the
contents of the 8.2.0 tarball.  The REL8_2_STABLE branch by now contains
a number of bug fixes, but that would only cause a patch failure if the
patch were trying to tweak one of the code sections changed for bug
fixing, which seems a tad unlikely.

> Until we see the rejects it's hard to tell what the problem is,
> though.

Yeah, this is all pretty meaningless without seeing the rejects.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend