Magnus Hagander wrote:
We need different macrosand possibly functions, yes.
I think I got enough patched at home last night to get it working with
this, I was just too focused on one set of macros at the time. It's not
enough to include them very late - because off_t is used in the shared
datastructures in pg_dump/etc. It is possible to localise it to the
pg_dump binaries, though, given some header redirection *and* given that
we change all those off_t to pgoff_t (or similar). I couldn't find a way
to do it without changing the off_t define.

I'll try to take a look at merging these two efforts (again unless
beaten to it, have to do some of that dreaded christmas shopping as
well...)

What is needed to test this? Just a custom dump file with a member > 2^31 bytes?

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq