Simon Riggs wrote:
I'm not clear about the difference between the unapplied patches list
and the hold list. What is the significance of the two lists?

AIUI, the hold list is those patches providing new features that were held over between 8.2 feature freeze and 8.2 branch. Since they have been around for a while I think they have some claim to priority. The other list is just the normal running list of such patches that Bruce keeps.

There's a number of patches submitted to pgsql-patches that don't show
up on either list.

That also happens. The only way I can see of ensuring it does not happen would be to auto-process all patch submissions.

cheers

andrew