The \COPY command rejects multibyte delimiters. Is this intentional behavior?

Here is an example of the behavior:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ touch foo
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ psql -p 5555
Welcome to psql 8.3devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

pgsql=# create table foo (a integer);
CREATE TABLE
pgsql=# \copy foo from foo delimiter '標'
ERROR:  COPY delimiter must be a single character
\copy: ERROR:  COPY delimiter must be a single character

If your email/news reader doesn't render that properly, I'm using a pictogram character for the delimiter.

I checked out a new copy of the sources from cvs this morning. It behaves the same way on 8.2.3.

mark

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster