Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Mark Dilger wrote:
The \COPY command rejects multibyte delimiters. Is this intentional behavior?

It is certainly a known limitation, and I suspect removing it could add non-trivial overhead to the input processing.

What is the use case for using such a delimiter?

I'm working on fixing bugs relating to multibyte character encodings. I wasn't sure whether this was a bug or not. I don't think we should use the phrasing "COPY delimiter must be a single character" when, in utf8 land, I did in fact use a single character. We might say "a single byte", or we might extend the functionality to handle multibyte characters.

mark

cheers

andrew

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend