Ron Mayer wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Josh Berkus wrote:
I think that may be where we're heading.  In that case, we may need to
talk about branching earlier so that developers can work on the new
version who are frozen out of the in-process one.
I've argued this in the past. But be aware that it will make more work
for committers. It is very far from cost-free.

I hate to bring up the CMS flamewar again, but IMHO the one advantage
the distributed systems (Git, Monotone, Darcs, etc) have over CVS &
subversion is that they push this branch management cost down to the
developer who wants a branch - rather from the guys maintaining the
official CMS.

One step at a time :). We are now married, and have just begun to have have children. We need to buy a house in the next year, and figure out how to pay off some debt without going into hock up to our ears with a long term low interest loan.

Joshua D. Drake

               http://archives.postgresql.org

      match