Bruce Momjian wrote:
I spent time reviewing your patch --- quite impressive. I have attached
and updated version with mostly stylistic changes.
In testing I found the regression tests were failing because of a divide
by zero error (fixed), and a missing case where the column delimiter has
to be ":". In fact I now see all your line continuation cases using ":"
rather than "!". It actually looks better --- "!" was too close to "|"
to be easily recognized. (Did you update your patch to use ":". I
didn't see "!" in your patch.)
Nice! I'll merge with my current version. As you note I changed to ":".
I also found that for hugely wide output it was better to give up (do
nothing), rather than mangle the output in a futile attempt to squash it
to the window width. So there is one more clause in the wrapping if.
I have tested on several unix flavors, but not on Windows or cygwin.
Sent via pgsql-patches mailing list (email@example.com)
To make changes to your subscription: