On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 09:40:20AM -0700, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> >
> > Redhat puts ext3 on by default. Consider switching to a non-journaling FS
> > (ext2?) with the partition that holds your data and WAL.
>
> I would give you exactly the opposite advice: _never_ use a
> non-journalling fs for your data and WAL.  I suppose if you can
> afford to lose some transactions, you can do without journalling.
> Otherwise, you're just borrowing trouble, near as I can tell.

I'd argue that a reliable filesystem (ext2) is still better than a
questionable journaling filesystem (ext3 on kernels <2.4.20).

This isn't saying to not use jounraling, but I would definitely test it
under load first to make sure it's not gonna lose data or get corrupted.

      joining column's datatypes do not match