Just loaded up delicious 7.4b5 and wow...

sort_mem 8192:  137038ms [lots of tmp file activity]
sort_mem 256000: 83109ms

Hmm, 298383 -> 83109 (since those are the 256k numbers).  Not as
much as I'd have hoped, but I'll take a factor of 3.

Hi Jeff,

Could you let us know the load times when you have done:

1. A full ANALYZE
2. A delete all from pg_statistic

So we can see if ANALYZE stats make much difference?

Chris