> 2) You can hire a PG database expert.    This will be much faster, but cost
> you a lot of money.

I wouldn't exactly say "a lot of money". Lots of consulters out there
are willing to put in a weeks worth of effort, on site, for
significantly less than a support contract with most commercial DB
organizations (including MySQL) -- and often give better results since
they're on-site rather than over phone or via email.

But yes, doing it via this mailing list is probably the cheapest option.