From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Stark
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:55 AM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: [PERFORM] Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?

Our vendor is trying to sell us on an Intel SRCS16 SATA raid controller instead
of the 3ware one.

Poking around it seems this does come with Linux drivers and there is a battery
backup option. So it doesn't seem to be completely insane.

Anyone have any experience with these controllers?

I'm also wondering about whether I'm better off with one of these SATA raid
controllers or just going with SCSI drives.

--
greg

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend