Magnus Hagander wrote:
That actually depends a lot on *how* you use it. I've seen pg-on-windows
deployments that come within a few percent of the linux performance.
I've also seen those that are absolutely horrible compared.

One sure way to kill the performance is to do a lot of small
connections. Using persistent connection is even more important on
Windows than it is on Unix. It could easily explain a difference like
this.

I just tried using pg_pconnect() and I didn't notice any significant improvement. What bothers me most is that with Postgres I tend to see jerky behavior on almost every page: the upper 1/2 or 2/3 of the page is displayed first and you can see a blank bottom (or you can see a half-filled completion bar). With MySQL each page is generally displayed in one swoop.

Joe

      match