>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> Would it has a chance of slowing down things a lot?
>>>
>>> There is apparently something going very very slow compared to
>>> OSProcess
>>> 4.5.11 when used from GitFileTree. So slow that I killed the image
>>> building
>>> script before it was over. Reverting GitFileTree to 4.5.11 solved it.
>>>

>> I don't this so, but I am not certain. The update for PipeableOSProcess
>> affects only the methods in PipeableOSProcess class>>command: and
>> closely
>> related methods. If GitFileTree is using that idiom, then it is
>> certainly
>> possible that I have introduced a bug that does not show up in my unit
>> tests.
>
> Typical code in GitFileTree is this:
>
> [
> c := PipeableOSProcess command: ''.
> output := c output.
> ] ensure: [c closePipes]
>
> Maybe it's triggering something.
>
> Thierry

Hmmm... I wonder if the #closePipes is causing a problem now. I don't know
if I ever tested to see if sending closePipes works after the pipes are
already closed, and my recent change closes the pipes after #output is
evaluated. I'll check it when I get home.

Thanks,
Dave