> Le 20 août 2015 09:15, "stepharo" <steph...@free.fr> a écrit :
> >
> > For example why protocol get the same space than method. We could split
> the protocol by half and use the space for
> > soemthing useful.
>
> Protocol names can be long...
>

> yes but 99% of the time you do not care.

I'm not sure of that. On classes with a lot of methods (Object, Morph, any
class with over 20 methods), I believe one rely on protocols to avoid being
overwhelmed by the sheer number, and that most of them are irrelevant to
the task at hand (the method you're writing and reading, and the same class
methods it is using).

I wonder if the fact Nautilus shows us by default the 'all' method list is
not inciting us, by pure laziness, to disregard protocols...

> And methods are way more important.
> In fact protocol could just the tag (as in the catalog browser) after the
> method names.

Then you could use the message list GUI instead of the system browser.

Thierry