> On 29 Sep 2015, at 1:48 , Dale Henrichs <dale.henri...@gemtalksystems.com>
> wrote:
>
> The big issue for git and windows (in general) is that there is a 255
> character limit on the paths for files .... I recently pruned some file names
> for Metacello (on a win-hack branch) just to get Metacello to work with
> filetree ..
>
> Working with Github Desktop[1] for Windows makes the experience of using git
> from the command line tolerable on Windows - you get a retty nice bash shell
> to work with so as a non-windows user I can work in a pretty familiar
> environment ...
>
> At the moment I'm working with Pharo3.0 on Windows, so I don't have any
> useful feedback right now (assuming things have changed a bit on Windows with
> Pharo4.0 and Pharo5.0) ...
>
> Dale

IIRC, there is some flag you can set to make (some?) the actual git client (but
not bundled tools)  support long filenames on Windows:
git config core.longpaths true
For instance, cloning the PharoVM repo choked (or rather, failed semi-silently)
on some really long selector in an obscure plugin somewhere until I found
that...

Cheers,
Henry