> On 17 Oct 2016, at 21:14, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>> I copy pasted them from the latest STON package. Thanks.
>
> Ugh.
>
>    FileLocator home / 'Downloads' / 'myfile.ston' writeStreamDo: [ :s |
> STON put:  myDB onStream: s].
>
> and then
>
>    FileLocator home / 'Downloads' / 'myfile.ston' readStreamDo: [ :s |
> STON fromStream: s ]
>
> resulted in: "STONReaderError: At character 978274: unexpected property name
> type"
>
> Any thoughts on how to debug?

That obviously depends on what 'myDB' contains, the basic call is OK though:

FileLocator home / 'Downloads' / 'myfile.ston' writeStreamDo: [ :s |
        STON put: STONTestUser dummy onStream: s ].

FileLocator home / 'Downloads' / 'myfile.ston' readStreamDo: [ :s |
        STON fromStream: s ].

The error you get basically means that something non-simple was used as
property name.

You could try doing:

FileLocator home / 'Downloads' / 'myfile.ston' readStreamDo: [ :s |
        (STON reader on: s) allowComplexMapKeys: true; next ].

From the class comment of STONReader

- allowComplexMapKeys <Boolean> default is false
        if true, any object is allowed as map key
        if false, only strings, symbols and numbers are allowed as map keys