This is weird but I have never experienced this "sandbox" thing

I have Sierra, updated to the latest and when I download this zip to my
downloads folder, I uncompress it and double click the application without
moving to the application folder it works without doing anything
additionally or complaining about it.

I am almost always do this with applications I download because I like to
test them before copying them to the application folder. Never had any
issues.

So apparently my Sierra loves me :D