Hi Esteban,

>> why/how would this cause conflicts versus other changes?
>
> two people modifying same method could have a marge without conflict, but if
> both modify same line (like the timestamp line), then for sure it will be a
> conflict :)

I think this is a serious mistake.  Time stamps and author marks are important
(even more important if the unit of commit is a single file for the whole
class).  I'm always irritated when Monticello commits carelessly edit a method
back instead of reverting, hence lost my the original time stamp.  I want to
know who edited a method when so I can ask them for help.  I don't want to see
spurious changes.  So making if a conflict and preserving time stamps remains
important to me.