Thanks for the feedback!

Alex will reply in more details on Wednesday.

In the meantime, some comments inline.

> On Oct 23, 2017, at 4:15 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
> Highlights:
>
> - BlCornerRadii - 1st class corners - yay to the death of cryptic arrays for
> this kind of thing :)
>
> Questions:
>
> - How would one do e.g. a ticking clock in Bloc? The only possibly relevant
> example I see is BlAnimatedCursor. Is that a typical usage? One thing that
> I'm not sure how to translate to a BlElement is that the cursor seems to be
> responsible for starting and stopping the animation via #activateOn:, which
> doesn't exist for an element. How would one prevent an element's animation
> from continuing to run after a space was closed?
> - BlElement has 278 instance-side methods. A frequent battle cry against
> Morphic was the bloated Morph class with 899. Definitely an improvement, but
> are we "there yet”?

What do you mean?

> - Does Bloc implement its own keybinding outside of "Keymapping" e.g.
> BlShortcut? If so, why? Will it ultimately be a replacement?

We wanted the simplest mechanism that we could find to start with. To this end,
BlShortcut is simpler than Keymapping in that it does not include global
shortcuts, and categories. In Bloc, we only have shortcut bubbling from the
leaf element to the root, and all shortcuts are instance-based.

> - In BlTextEditElement class>>#exampleText, text construction seems awfully
> complex (`text := BrRopedText rope: (BrCollectionRope collection: (String
> loremIpsum: 30)). text attributes: { BrFontWeightAttribute bold }.`. How
> does that way contrast to e.g. `'X' asRopedText`?

Both are valid. The example means to show the most detailed way to construct
the text object.

> Problems:
>
> BlBasicExamples
> - #exampleShapes, select the yellow shape with red border -> inspector ->
> Transformations Tab -> Click on Composition -> "ShouldNotImplement:
> #multiplyOn: should not have been implemented in BlCompositeTransformation"
> - #exampleImageBackground -> "ShouldBeImplemented: #fillPath:withForm:
> should have been implemented in SpartaCairoFillPainter"
> BlTextEditElement class>>#exampleText
>    - insert some characters and then press [delete] -> "Error: Illegal
> sub-sequence end index: 44"
>    - There is aBlSelectionHandler, but I can't seem to select any of the
> text
> BrAttributeRopeExamples#>>simpleRope -> inspect return value -> In
> inspector, click on "Children" tab -> "Error: Improper store into indexable
> object"
> - In BlLinearLayoutExamples class>>#exampleVerticalLeftCenterRightRTL,
>    - the red sub-element does `c linear horizontal alignLeft`, which is
> then overridden by its parent's `BlLinearLayout vertical "rightToLeft"`. Was
> it intentional to show the precedence because I found it confusing when an
> element that sent #alignLeft showed up on the right!
>    - the yellow sub-element does not appear at all. Maybe it should do a `c
> vertical exact: 100.` like its siblings?
> - All BlAnimationExamples lead to deprecation warnings and DNU's, but *do
> not even attempt* #exampleBallsAnim or face endlessly multplying debugger
> windows!

I will let Alex answer to these ones :)

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."