I also think that the catalog is important. If anything is wrong with it we
should fix it.

The problem is that the catalog is never working well with the current unstable
version of Pharo (today 7). Not all package developers take the trouble of
checking/porting all the time, that is perfectly understandable.

Moving the catalog to GitHub with a STON meta description is a good idea, of
course. All we need is a clean object representing the meta info, the rest
comes for free.