On 14 February 2012 17:07, Guido Stepken <gstep...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 14.02.2012 16:57, schrieb Igor Stasenko:
>
>> On 14 February 2012 15:07, Hernan Wilkinson
>> <hernan.wilkin...@10pines.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Well... this is an example of what the "thread" was about at the
>>> beginning... that is, the lack of knowledge on software development... I
>>> you
>>> have known a little bit about architecture, multi-threading and vm
>>> implementation, you would quickly realize that pharo will not scale as a
>>> server. Squeak (where pharo comes from) was not design/implemented to be
>>> used as a server (and please, don not take this bad, I don't want to
>>> be unworthy with Pharo because it is changing and getting better with
>>> every
>>> realease)
>>>
>> There's no reason to take it bad, because you stating the truth.
>>
>>> So, if you want to do a "serious enterprise" application, you should have
>>> used and architecture prepare for that such as GemStone (GLASS in this
>>> case)... it is a pity you lost so much money due to you "lack" of
>>> knowledge.
>>>
>> People who taking it serious also first discover the area of possibility,
>> which implies talking to people and asking questions.
>>
>> I never seen from Guido questions like "does it scales if i run it
>> standalone etc".
>> And that means that he's not any serious with his harsh statements,
>> just trolling.
>>

> Lookup Google "Pharo hanging" ... very few companies are really using Pharo,
> but i am not the only one reporting this.

Look for "rails hanging"  - ~ 11 million hits
Look for "C# hanging" ,  java hanging etc

now if this is the only criteria, on which you basing your choice,
then i feel sorry for you, because you cannot use any software made in
this world.

so, have fun hacking.

--
Best regards,