Hi Igor!

This is not the point. Modern architectures have different goals in mind.
Projected on Pharo, it means that:

1. Make Pharo nonblocking. Remove any locking, completely.
2. Make Pharo fast. Use "in situ algorithms", avoid any copying of data,
objects, whatever.
3. Make Pharo "overload proof". Install selfprotecting algorithms.
4. Read Knuth, use advanced algothims. Modern architectures dont't need to
GC (or rarely). "Objects not created do not to be garbage collected!"
5. Make any GC concurrent for no longer intererrupting the VM.
6. Make Pharo multithreaded. Even my mobile has 2 processors, ASUS prime
tablet even has 5!
7. Drop COGVM. LVCC is able to post - jit, callback problem solved,
MP-ready, e.t.c.
8. UNIT Testing is not enough. Continuous benchmarking and stress/overload
tests belong to *every* serious software development process.
9. You develop on MacOS. Where in the world are webhosters using MacOS?
Make it work stable on FreeBSD, Linux, Windows Server 2008 ...
10. Use Moose...whatever to detect possible deadlocks. This belongs to
modern software development.
11. Offer a collaboration tool on Pharo, where Smalltalk hobbyists may help
you refactoring ... a todo list ..
12. Same for translations.
13. Long time ago i posted a bug: "Wrong development process". Stef deleted
my entry without understanding.

tnx 4 understanding, Guido Stepken