On Ubuntu Lucid, it blows up in #forCurrentPlatform - can't find a suitable
implementation.

________________________________
From: pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr
[pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr] on behalf of Javier Pimás
[elpochodelage...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 10:29 AM
To: Pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] gamedev.net post asking about Smalltalk

Thank's to igor's debugging help it works in linux too.

Gofer new
 squeaksource: 'NBOpenGL';
 package: 'ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL';
 load.

(ConfigurationOfNBOpenGL project version: '1.0.3') load.

(notice the 1.0.3 instead of 1.0.2)

Please test that it works. There may be some random crashes, be careful and
save your image before testing. You can test doing

GLTTRenderingDemo new openInWorld.

just be sure to have Tahoma and save your image. There's room for improvement
in context creation waiting for anybody with some free time.

cheers!

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Igor Stasenko
<siguc...@gmail.com<mailto:siguc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
On 15 April 2012 16:50, Schwab,Wilhelm K
<bsch...@anest.ufl.edu<mailto:bsch...@anest.ufl.edu>> wrote:
> Sig,
>
> Not intending to give you a hard time, but I went to the page, saw a -X
> package, and started to wonder if that might be linux support.  But FWIW, I
> can't load any of it.  The instructions failed, so I tried #load, and each
> variant gives some kine of DNU error.  Maybe I have an inconsistent set of
> code loaded??

this is for X server. which usually runs on linux(es).
Javier is working on that. There are couple bugs left, but we already
have an updated configuration, but its not yet on public repository.

@Javier, can you upload a new config of NBOpenGL to the squeaksource?

> In the grander view, Metacello continues to be (IMHO) a bottomless well of
> ever-changing load instructions.  Either we need a reliable on-line grid (for
> Pharo x.x.x load this way...), or perhaps the configurations should carry
> (and automatically use) this type of information.  I know it's not easy, but
> if we are trying to attract new users, this type of complexity is not going
> to help our cause.

yes, we need to invent some conventions. Because different developers
using different names and different labels for configuration versions.
for instance, i avoid labeling versions as #stable , most of them are
#development..
for this reason, #lastVersion, #latestVersion loads either outdated
stuff, or even worse, a baseline..