On Sep 4, 2013, at 12:42 AM, Paul DeBruicker <pdebr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/03/2013 12:25 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> If you do not give us more information we will never be able to fix it.
>> And may be 3.0 will still have the problem and you will start using system
>> that is 3 year old.
>> I can understand that you get in a situation where you cannot do otherwise
>> but do not expect
>> us to fix magically things.
>>
>> Stef
>

> Hi Stef,
>
> For reporting the RFB issue I made a thread
> (http://forum.world.st/How-do-diagnose-image-locks-up-cpu-100-on-save-td4704639.html)
> and uploaded a Pharo 2 image to dropbox where if you execute this code:
>

> RFBServer start
> Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: false
>

> The image locks up using the 'pharo' VM and works fine using eliots vm.
> The uploaded image is Pharo-20619 with only RFB loaded.

I really do not like RFB… we do not use it at all in the daily development, yet
it people
load it for production environments.

For me, the system we use every day should be identical to the production
environment,
else it is very hard to get a stable system.

(We need to make what people get of of using RFB part of the base system:
remote browsing
and debugging).

> The other problem I had with Pharo 2 is the ever growing image size I
> reported here:
>
> http://forum.world.st/development-image-memory-use-180MB-in-Pharo-2-vs-40MB-in-Pharo-1-4-tp4699207.html
>
> I understand this is due to some leaks involving morphs and announcers
> and things that are fixed in pharo 3 but not pharo 2.

We are in the process of fixing them, but have not fixed all yet. I always
thought that we would
back port when we have fixed the problem completely in 3.0

        Marcus