Thierry

this means that generating ring objects would help you?
I guess so.

stef

Le 30/3/15 16:25, Thierry Goubier a écrit :
A use case:

the ability to test and debug the code generation part of SmaCC.

SmaCC, when compiling a parser, generates dozens of classes and hundreds of methods, some of those very long, as a sequence of refactorings (and optimise them).

Then SmaCC apply them all in one step.

I'd dream of having a virtual environment where I could test-compile and check all those methods, via a system browser, before they are compiled.

Thierry

    <mailto:steph...@free.fr>> wrote:

    > Before that I would like that the compiler outputs classes
    definition in an environment (that can be the default one) but
    that can be the one
    > I want and specified from the outside of the compiler.

    For installing, it is the ClassInstaller that does that (and yes,
    it has an environment).

    What the compiler does not have is to look up references e.g. to
    symbols regarding to an environment, but that is because we
    don’t have that concept right now in the system in general.
    globals/class vars are requested from the class (which defines its
    environment).

    So in general, we first need a use case, else it is not clear what
    to do…

            Marcus