On 2019-09-20 7:44 a.m., Steve Quezadas wrote:
Or maybe you're too easily offended and the problem lies with you.

It's fairly obvious now, the Pharo leadership is occupied by left wing
progressives who are intent on bringing identity politics into the community.
While the new CoC is vastly better in its current state, it still insists one
the left wing political ideology of respecting people's chosen identities as if
that has any bearing at all on anything.

* One's identity is not relevant in a technical forum.
* One's code is not better because of one's identity.
* One's arguments are not more sound because of one's identity.
* Ones point of view are not more important because of one's identity.

Any calls to respect someone's identity are thinly veiled attempts to impose
objectionable left wing political language onto the community. I don't care how
anyone identifies, but I'm under no obligation to play along and it is not
disrespectful to disagree with these political beliefs. The maintenance of ones
identity and self image is theirs to worry about, I have no obligation to
support the maintenance of someone else's ego. You can identify as a pink
unicorn for all I care, but no I do not have to respect that or play along.
Nor will I.

I'm saying this here because the pull request to remove the word identity was
rejected without explanation, discussion, or comment. Progressives seem intent
on ruining everything.

--
Ramón León