Hello,

I’m talking on behalf of the Pharo Board here.
As start, we accepted Serge’s proposition without actually discussing it much
because we didn’t think it was going to be really a problem. Our community has
been self-regulating since the beginning and we were doing it fine until now.
Once or twice we (the board) needed to act, but never had a real situation as
the ones the CoC tries to cover.
So, we can say we opened the umbrella without rain, just in case.

Now, after observe the situation, we have decided to retract the code. But
sadly, we cannot just remove it and let things continue as before because as
it’s know “it you open a can or worms, you will need a bigger can to put them
back in”. Which means now we need a code of conduct.

So we are going to take the simplest one we could find that still can serve our
community, you can see it here:

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/4660
<https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/4660>

This PR will be accepted, but as anything in our community, you can still
discuss it and propose modifications.
Just remember be respectful of people disagreeing with your ideas :)

Cheers,
Esteban

PS: As personal note: I blocked a github user that insulted a member of our
community, a user who did not had history with us (or any other visible
project), who did not had a name or ways to contact him so I assumed it was
just another troll. Now, he identifies himself here... I will unblock him, but
that does not means the kind of disrespectful messages he sent can be sent :)